Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Getting back to normal after lumbar fusion

I'm 21 and had my L4/L5, L5/S1 fused via posterior inter-body fusion. It's been officially two weeks since my surgery and my recovery is going great. I'm starting regain back some of my Independence and privacy. (Having your parents and/or boyfriend help get me in the shower and help you get dressed wasnt fun especially if it was your mom and boyfriend just an awkward group to have looking at you naked at the same time) I get my staples out next week which I'm excited about. I am only taking pain meds once at night and plan to be off them by the end of next week. I have a couple of questions on what people can do go help not to feel like such a burden with the no bending.twisting/lifting rules? I just want to be able to help around the house, everyone works full time and i just want to make it easier when they get home at night, mtbparents with house work and just little things for my boyfriend because hes also going to school full time. Also what should i do to combat the boredness there is only so much tv i can watch and i go to school full time so i feel like i just look at screens all dau and it seems unfair to my family and boyfriend to expect them to be my source of entertainment? Also my boyfriend and I have been intimate again, he's been great about it but when I will be able to feel normal and move normally during it? 
advertisement