Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

8 weeks post T2-L3 spinal fusion and I have a few questions!!

Hi!! So I'm currently 8 weeks post op. I had scoliosis and needed a spinal fusion done. I'm 21 years old and only know a few people who have gone through this and they were all 13 or 14 and aren't going through the same stuff I am. My doctor gives me vague answers on everything too so I'm really hoping for some answers that will help me and make me feel better!!! 

1. How long does it take for the swelling to go down? I feel and look bigger than I was before surgery and I'm hoping its from inflammation. 
2. What is the best cream/get/oil or whatever to put on my incision to make the redness go away? 
3. Does anyone else feel like they could feel the rods in their body? Is that normal?
4. I had my surgery January 11th.. Will I be limited this summer? Or will I be able to have fun with my friends, be able to go to the beach, and etc. 

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with my questions, sorry also if they seem stupid or dumb. I'm a major worry wart and stressed about doing everything wrong!!! 
advertisement

Comments