Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Please Please Please somebody help meeeee

Hello everybody , am new here and my English is weak lol, I m a 44 years old male due to many surgeries I had to cure some diseases I was a in the bed for almost a year ,than when I started to feel better I start working on my fence yard and due to the heavy lifting I hurt my lower back , I went to a walking clinic they do Xrays and they told me it is just a muscle spazm  they give me a shot and send me home , in fact I started feeling better , but I notice some little pain in my knee then I decided to see a chiropractor ,  I made the biggest mistake in my life didnt listen to my wife not to go to the chiropractor also, the pain was 3 or 4 out of 10 and stupid me instead to wait and give it little time to get better i decided to see what the chiropractor will do for me , I told him what happening to me and he said he will adjust my whole back and when he did he pushed hard on my upper back and Voila I felt a sharp pain and he told me I ll be fine but next day I went back to him he admit that he did pushed hard on this area and Ill be ok, then I decided to see an other one who  noticed on my Xrays that I have a 9 degree Scoliosis and after working on me for 6 times visit they decided to stop treating me coz the pain get worse and want me to have an MRI coz they think that I have a herniated disc at T5 and T6 , so now Im in pain between my shoulder , my chest and my arms , is there any hope that Ill be back to normal again or I have to go for surgery ? by the way my app with the Orthopedic will be on the 31th . my questions is is it worth it to have the  surgery ? what is the expectation about the thoracic surgery? please any advice would be appreciated  Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello fareed!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• FareedFFareed Abilene , Texas Posts: 61

savage said:

hello fareed!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!

hi  savage 
    did i do something wrong that i was told to go to this link?
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    No! Nothing wrong!  :)
    You seem to be new member, and I can't find what may be your initial post, so you may have been "Welcomed" already. But better to be Welcomed too much than to be missed. :)

The Welcome link has useful information re the site and for how it can best benefit you in getting the support and information you need.

Many members who have been here awhile will still review it from time to time, also.

As members view your post, we support each other with shared experiences.

Thank you, Fareed, for asking!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• As hard as it is,  try to take a deep breath and be calm!  A lot depends on the extent of your injury,  which ONLY qualified medical professionals can determine.   In general, surgery isn't the first step.   There are many people who benefit greatly from conservative treatments such as physical therapy,  medications,  and possibly epidural injections.  Your upcoming MRI will give your doctor a better idea ofwhat is going on in there, and that will likely be the time when potential treatments will be discussed with you.   
    Welcome to the forums!   There are lots of people here who can relate to what you are going through! 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!

Kimmy72 said:

As hard as it is,  try to take a deep breath and be calm!  A lot depends on the extent of your injury,  which ONLY qualified medical professionals can determine.   In general, surgery isn't the first step.   There are many people who benefit greatly from conservative treatments such as physical therapy,  medications,  and possibly epidural injections.  Your upcoming MRI will give your doctor a better idea ofwhat is going on in there, and that will likely be the time when potential treatments will be discussed with you.   
    Welcome to the forums!   There are lots of people here who can relate to what you are going through! 

Thank you very much Kimmy 
  • advertisement

Savage said:

No! Nothing wrong!  :)
    You seem to be new member, and I can't find what may be your initial post, so you may have been "Welcomed" already. But better to be Welcomed too much than to be missed. :)

The Welcome link has useful information re the site and for how it can best benefit you in getting the support and information you need.

Many members who have been here awhile will still review it from time to time, also.

As members view your post, we support each other with shared experiences.

Thank you, Fareed, for asking!

Thank you Savage for the info as well as the welcome 
  • Zenzen14ZZenzen14 New YorkPosts: 1
     Hi Fareed, I had a spinal fusion L4 -L5 with a laminectomy in February of this year.  I feel great!  First and foremost make sure when you decide to get surgery do your research on the Doctor! If you can speak to people who has had surgery with him/her and check on the Internet.  Try to be as thorough as you can, it's your back!   Make sure you get a skilled surgeon.  
    Thank you Zenzen 

advertisement