Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

2 day post - op New disk and Fusion

I can't believe how well I am doing.  I am 51 year old female.  6 weeks ago woke up in the morning sore neck and shoulder.  Thought I have slept wrong.  The next two days it got worse and extreme pain in my bi-cep muscle.  Went to my Chiro for about 1.5 weeks and only continued to get worse.  Then had full arm numbness thru thumb and index finger.  Had MRI done and saw orhro.  Two herniated disks, two more bulging.  But at c5 and c6 the herniated disk was in the spinal column and touching spinal nerve along with large bone spur.  So surgery was recommend due to the extreme arm weakness.  I was terrified!  I had a new disk put in place with a new type of fusion.  I can tell you what a relief.  I woke up with my arm being back to 90%.  Still have some slight numbness in my thumb. Yesterday was a little rough but much better than I had imagined.  Today I was released from hospital on oral pain meds.  My voice is a little horse and throat only slightly sore.  Yesterday it was sorer but kept water and some lozenges and it seemed to help a lot.  My neck just feels week and have to keep towel rolled up the the curve to help support.  I would highly recommend the surgery in my experience.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello happy flowers!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 971

Jean

What was the new type of fusion???  What's it called...

Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • advertisement