Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So much more than pain

Comments

• dilauro said:

joy... for me right now, it was able to walk about 30 feet without my walker and just using my cane.   all part of recovering from my recent surgery.

plus i am now able to get into the kitchen and start cooking again, which i love to do.... oh and by the way, those hot peppers are waiting for me.  kimmy, i am chopping some serrano's and harbernero's so i can add them to just about anything i eat.   well, maybe not cereal.

why not cereal??  a few flecks of serrano mixed in some oatmeal topped with just a touch of brown sugar...oh my goodness...getting the hot and the sweet all in one!  yes, i'm thinking outside the (cereal) box!  ;)
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • Kimmy it is so true about loved ones and is my main pain avoider. I love fishing and if ever you want to experience something wonderful whether it is in a boat or on a bank of a river for me watching that fish take that fly is the best. Oh and getting it in that is another challenge, I actually due to problems with my right wrist started practicing with my left arm that entertained the family. Of all my memories with my boys and the rest fishing has been the winner. I live in Utah and have fished most of the rivers in the Northern part of the state. I have also hiked to the beginning of two of the major rivers here what a memory that was with my sons. I lost count at 3,000 flies which I have stated go to my Grandson it adds up. Oh great you have a husband that loves it too and my kids are coming up with all kinds of aids to get me out again. Do you cook them too or release? There is nothing like the smell of the camp fire and that smell of pine trees I love it.

Grand Canyon everyone needs to see plus Bryce Canyon don't miss that one for anyone traveling here to this area let me know and I will give you some pointers, it is a beautiful state if you get away from the crowds Ha Ha.

Alaska my dream to go there in fact crazy as it sounds I would have loved to live there in a not too small cabin but I would need a in-door potty and running water plus no bears for sure scared to death of them. But now it would take too much wood to heat this cold body so forget the living there.

William I have read and told you at times how you touch my soul with your words and have made me think of much better thoughts than what crowd my mind anymore. So grateful for that and it takes a lot for words to bring the tears in me which you have both happy and sad so thank you so much I look forward to them all the time.

Take care Sherri

• advertisement
  • Sherri, You western woman you!
    You describe the outdoors wonderfully..
    You have seen what is over this hill, that mountain and still floored by the,wonder of it all.

We are much more than numbers,or Patients, or Spineys.

We are whole,rounded full,storys!
    Complete in and of themselves.

Some storys are finished...with a smooth lingering peaty smoky aftertaste like a good Single malt Scotch
    Some,are still full of exciting chapters, oage turners to be sure.."what will they do next"
    What will become of them?
    Heros all.

Some, are suprise sequals...another chapter written large in the stars
    Others are quiet introspective memoirs.

We are more than what we seem
    What we see in the mirror, isnt all thats there
    There is always more to the story than what our condition..imply's.

Our physical..is
    Our spiritual,mental and emotiona...l by nature is mutable.

What we think we are
    Isnt always the truth in the final iteration.
    What we will become.
    Change is the only constant.

What we seem to be
    Is not who we will be.

Fishing, hilking, riding
    All manifestations of what our internal life appears.

We laugh
    We smile
    Whe have joy and sorrow in equal measure

Ourblives written by the Blend and Balance
    That elusive equation.

Take this away..
    I add this...

We are so much more than the Pain
    You..are so,much more than the Pain

Rember always
    You have Value
    You have Worth above Diamonds and Rubys.

Our condition does not determine our Value.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hope3:  Camping, too????  We're soul sisters, I swear!!  We absolutely LOVE camping!!  We just had freshly caught trout that I sautéed in some beautiful extra virgin lemon olive oil for dinner the other night.  We don't always eat them--just getting out there and catching a few is often enough for us.  Naturally, the 16" rainbow trout my husband reeled in couldn't go back (that was the dinner I was referring to)!!  I've yet to catch my first fish of the season, but I hope to bring one in soon.  With fishing season in full swing here, I think they're still easily spooked.
    Have a great day!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
advertisement