Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What is your favorite vacation spot?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,515
I am sure that all of you have one special country/state/city that has been your favorite in terms of a vacation spot.   
Please post that here along with any special reasons/memories.
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,515
    Our favorite vacation area has been Italy, specifically, Rome, Florence and Lucca.   We've been to Italy twice and plan to go back again.

I loved Rome for its history.  I always was fascinated with the Roman Empire.  Visiting the Coliseum was a must.  Just walking around inside give me the chills.  Then outside, walking the old Forums brought so many images to my mind.  Visiting the Pantheon was amazing.  Just looking at those massive doors amazed me as how they were able to build such marvels centuries ago.   Walking in the piazza navona was another one of my favorites.  

In Florence, just the beauty of the paintings and sculptures was breathtaking.  I am not sure how I did it, but I was able  to climb up the 300+ stairs in the Duomo getting to the top and taking in all the sites.

Lucca , the walled city was another must for us.  My son was an instructor at a Italian cooking school close to Massarosa, Toscana Saporita Cooking school.  We stayed there for two days and I got a chance to watch them make olive oil the old fashion way with oxen and turning wheels.

On our most recent trip, we did the Naples area  Seeing Pompeii was about as breathtaking as the Coliseum.
    We took a trip into the mountains and visited the town of Lauro.  In Italy, when you talked about the town you came from, you put a Di in front of it.  So, for me, it was DiLauro.  We went to the town hall and were able to find records of some of my old family.  Very interesting

We will be heading back some day

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Florence is my girlfriends , she did 6 week study abroad in that area.  For me it's Cabo San Lucas , simply because its beautiful and everything just worked out on vacation for off season at a great price.  Just walking into our room over looking the bay for the first time was the best part
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    Since I really don't like to fly, our vacations are places we can drive or ride the motorcycle to. 
    My favorite trip, so far, was going to Key West, Florida. 
    But, of course, when you travel by motorcycle, the vacation starts the minute you leave the driveway! And the, the whole trip is an adventure! 
    My husband really wants to go on a cruise, but I'm not a big fan of boats.