Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Osteophytes or bone spurs

After an ACDF did anyone develop Osteophytes(spelling?) Also known as bone spurs on the front and back of the spine? Is there a treatment for them?


  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
    These can develop after any spinal surgery.  They can also be present without surgery.  Most of the time, they can exist without causing any discomfort or problems.  There is nothing you can do to treat them.  Just the normal problem spinal exercises and limitations should be followed to avoid the osteophytes from causing problems.

    There are times when these Osteophytes / Bone spurs start to interfere with spinal nerves.  Then surgical intervention may be necessary depending on the extent of the problem.  

     But for the  most part, you just go on doing all the right things.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Thanks for the information, Ron. I'm seeing my cervical fusion doctor tomorrow and I'm going to get my records sent to my lumbar fusion doctor and try to get him to take over.

  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.