Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lateral shift and sciatica with si joint ?

Hi, 

has anyone with si joint pain have an issue with their posture ? As in their spine shifted to the side as a natural response to lean off the painful side. And when trying to self correct the shift, it's very painful and the sciatica shooting down the leg. 

I understand that here are a lot of nerves in the si joint region , but what causes the sciatica? Is it being stretched causing pain ? Is something being impinged? How can that be since there are no discs in that area . 

-Francisco 
advertisement

Comments

• My MD told me in Feb of this year I have scoliosis. My right leg is also shorter. I have to do self correcting exercises  and my PT measures my legs regularly. 
  • Yes. Lots of people have one hip that sits higher than another bc of posture (think of a mom who always hikes one hip up to hold a kid while talking on the phone), because of leg length discrepancy.  

A good PT who is COMT certified, ART practitioner or other hands-on manual provider like a chiro or osteopath that does OMT can help correct that with mobilizations, adjustments, soft tissue release, and/or adjustments along with exercises. The scoliosis is the body's attempt to keep the head straight by curving the spine to compensate for the hip height difference.  I had this and so far as I  know, it has been corrected using the stuff I mentioned.
  • advertisement
  • yryssayyryssa AlabamaPosts: 1
    I suffer from SI joint pain and my back is curved when it was discovered. I've been seeing a chiropractor from a couple of years now and that has helped manage to try to get things lined back up. I always know it's time for an adjustment when my right leg starts giving me problems. That is because the sciatic nerve runs just under the Ilium which is part of the SI joint. When my hip gets "jacked up" the nerve can get compressed which causes my right leg to lose its mind. I go see my wonderful chiro and I feel better again for a little while. I hope you have found some relief :-)