Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

    Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Back Pain from sitting for too long

Hello everyone!! Newbie here from New York. I'm a virtual assistant to few different companies for 3 years now. 3 years of suffering from back pain from sitting for more than 12 hours a day (nothing much of a choice). I joined this forum to learn ways on how to relieve back pain.
Jenny De Castro
Get rid of back pain. Protect your body. 

advertisement

Comments

  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello jenny20!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Jenny....
    Did you want to tell us a little about yourself?
    What kind of spinal issues are you dealing with? Cervical, thoracic, lumbar...?
    What kind of symptoms are you having? ..and what type of pain?
    Curious if you have been working with a doctor? ..and what kind of doctor?

    The more you can tell us about yourself, the more members can read and share experiences with you.

    Thank you...
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

  • advertisement
  • Hi Jenny. I have degenerated disks in my neck needing surgery, herniated disks in my thoracic area, a herniated disk at L3/L4 and arthritis in my facets as well. My lower back area causes me extra pain in my back and butt when I sit for too long. There are stretches for low back pain that you can look up on this web site by using the search bar at the top right of the screen. It's always a good idea to seek advice from a medical professional when you are experiencing pain. Welcome to spine health. I hope you find what you are looking for.

    Feather :)
    *Spinal arthritis         *DDD       *cervical steroid injections (2016)
    *degenerated disks w/pinched nerve C5/C6 & C6/C7(needs surgery) 
    *worst herniations T7/T8 & L3/L4
    *(2013) Facet injections twice 
    *(2013) Facet denervations
  • Hi Jenny!  I sit al day long at work as well, which is definitely tough on my back.  Right now I am looking for some sort of sit to stand desk.  Have you thought about that?  There are many different options - from a desk that electrically goes up and down, to small, inexpensive and adjustable pedestals for your keyboard, to a large "tabletop" that goes on top of your existing desk and can be lifted when you want to stand.  I am leaning toward the third option I mentioned. If you want to know the product name I'm considering - feel free to PM me.  Good luck!  
  • jenny20jjenny20 New YorkPosts: 4

    Savage said:

    Hello Jenny....
    Did you want to tell us a little about yourself?
    What kind of spinal issues are you dealing with? Cervical, thoracic, lumbar...?
    What kind of symptoms are you having? ..and what type of pain?
    Curious if you have been working with a doctor? ..and what kind of doctor?

    The more you can tell us about yourself, the more members can read and share experiences with you.

    Thank you...

    Hi Savage. To be honest, I haven't consulted any doctor yet although sometimes the pain is intolerable. I'm not really sure if this is because of stress from sitting too long or there's a serious problem. Every time  my lower back aches I'll just have a massage and it makes me feel better but not completely gone. Do you think having a massage is good for back pain or does it make it worse? 
    Jenny De Castro
    Get rid of back pain. Protect your body. 

  • advertisement
  • jenny20jjenny20 New YorkPosts: 4

    breezy77 said:

    Hi Jenny. I have degenerated disks in my neck needing surgery, herniated disks in my thoracic area, a herniated disk at L3/L4 and arthritis in my facets as well. My lower back area causes me extra pain in my back and butt when I sit for too long. There are stretches for low back pain that you can look up on this web site by using the search bar at the top right of the screen. It's always a good idea to seek advice from a medical professional when you are experiencing pain. Welcome to spine health. I hope you find what you are looking for.

    Feather :)

    Thanks Breezy!
    Jenny De Castro
    Get rid of back pain. Protect your body. 

  • jenny20jjenny20 New YorkPosts: 4

    duckgirl said:

    Hi Jenny!  I sit al day long at work as well, which is definitely tough on my back.  Right now I am looking for some sort of sit to stand desk.  Have you thought about that?  There are many different options - from a desk that electrically goes up and down, to small, inexpensive and adjustable pedestals for your keyboard, to a large "tabletop" that goes on top of your existing desk and can be lifted when you want to stand.  I am leaning toward the third option I mentioned. If you want to know the product name I'm considering - feel free to PM me.  Good luck!  

    That's sounds interesting... Thanks!
    Jenny De Castro
    Get rid of back pain. Protect your body. 

  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Jenny....
    You might find it helpful to use the search on this site, upper right on page.
    Typing in your concerns, ex...pain relief..and  you may be led to current or older discussions.
    You may be led to the medical side with articles and videos.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.