Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Options

I'm 24 and I've been having lower back pain for 4-5 years. I started going to a chiropractor who diagnosed me with sacroiliitis. My MRI is remarkable, I tried physical therapy for a while which did nothing. Now, I go to the chiropractor once a week and I've been getting get lidocaine injections in my lower back once every two weeks for almost a year now. I used to be able to go to my chiropractor less frequently, so I would say my pain is getting worse over time. Both the chiropractor and injections help with the pain, but if I fail to keep up with either treatment, my pain gets to be unbearable. My pain management doctor prescribed me Methocarbamol which does absolutely nothing for me so I don't even bother taking it. I'm now looking into acupuncture and considering surgery. I'm tired of feeling impaired and constantly being in pain, and it scared me being in such pain at such a young age. Just looking for suggestions or advice.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello a_simmons!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Don't give up. It takes persistence. Even getting a second opinion on the diagnosis might give you more suggestions where to go next. I have fought this for over a year with therapy, injections, medications. My physical therapist finally said I should get another opinion and thanks to her I am recovering from an SI Fusion with the implant system. 
  • advertisement
  • DocmitchDDocmitch BOONVILLE, INPosts: 1
    Hang in there . SI joint pain can be life changing but rarely have I seen a case barring severe SI instability that can't be resolved over time if the correct approach is taken.  Without a thorough history and exam of my own I can only speculate but I would explore a treatment regimen that involves more exercises to support and strengthen the muscles of the lumbar and pelvis and lower extremities and involves less manipulation of what may be a hyper mobile SI joint. A common mistake. Manipulation of the SI RARELY involves more than a few treatments. First cuts on avoiding aggravating activity, and with some help from your MD and a good therapist or experienced Chiropractor minus the HVLA adjustments and give that 6 weeks . Bet you improve. Good luck. I'm not a fan of a fusion and should only be considered as a last option in my opinion.