Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

One month down

advertisement

Comments

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 971

Cole

We all have had days even weeks of doubting our fusion... certainly I went through many a day worrying about it... it's perfectly normal and it certainly makes for lots of pent up anxiety... but when you get to the end of the road with a good fusion you will realize it was all for not.  So I know it's easy to say and hard to do... but DON'T worry about your fusion taking or not taking.  There is very little you can do to screw it up other than smoking or taking NASIDS... but for sure wiping your bum is NOT going to mess up what your doctor has done.   At 5 weeks you are NOWHERE near a failed fusion... in fact the fusion has barely started.  For someone who is young and healthy like you the fusion process is almost guaranteed... but you have to have patience... it's a SLOW process. Your bum wipe pain is just your muscles trying to sort themselves out from all the surgery trauma and like Bruce said you are going to see such "flare-ups" off and on for quite some time to come... or at least until everything inside you regarding your muscles and nerves calms down to the new norm.  Try not to over think it and go for a nice walk with your daughter and enjoy the lovely day and celebrate your improving health... according to Google it's 80 plus degrees there in Oaklahoma today and the skies are sunny... fantastic!!

Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • nessa59nnessa59 Posts: 5
    edited 05/10/2016 - 1:58 AM
    Hiya.  I had my 360 fusion a few years ago. Looking back I think the best way to describe a 360 is to say It's like havinga c-section and back surgery at once. My Spinal Neuro-Surgeon x-rayed me at each appointment. At 6 months he told me bones looked fused but wouldn't be fully fused until a year had passed. The first few months post 360 sucked for me but by the 4th month I felt tons better, and was walking 1.5 to 2 miles a day.  I remember being afraid i'd never feel better.  Things got better with each passing week. Today I was  scheduled for a multi-level Anterior amd Posterior Cervical Fusion  (I have degenerative disc disease).  I had a few years with no pain and I think choosing to follow my neuro surgeons post surgery instructions had a huge impact on the solid fusion.  Your body has been through a huge surgery and you've made it through a whole month of post op pain.   
  • advertisement