Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Bone Stimulatorsor

Hello everyone

I was wondering is it normal for a bone stimulator with Cervical fusions? I did not hear or know of such until reading on here. I was not ordered one. I am wondering if its a help or not. 
Thank you for any information. 
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510

My understanding is that insurance companies don't like to provide them just because of a fusion surgery, but if you have a history of a failure to fuse it is more normal.  Of course if you are interested, then ask your surgeon.

I had a discussion with an orthopedic surgeon friend of mine last week about the, and he felt that they do work to encourage bone growth.

I will know more in a few weeks when I get my fist follow up x-ray since starting to use me bone growth stimulator.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• RacinredRRacinred United StatesPosts: 47
    Thank you for the information! I had my first post op 2 weeks ago and go back in June. I will talk with him about it then! He told me my CT will be after this next check up right before my 3rd post op visit.... :) I feel the hardware its kinda weird. This is my first fusion so I am anxious to get back to softball, hiking, biking and LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you again for the response and GOOD LUCK!!!! 
  • advertisement
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    I had to wear the bone growth stimulator after my first neck surgery. After 8 months, I still wasn't fusing. I wore the stimulator for 4 hours everyday, but I still ended up having a second surgery to add more screws. 
  • RacinredRRacinred United StatesPosts: 47
    Thank you for the response! I pray i fuse i pray pray pray. This is my 2nd neck surgery in 2 years so what happens happens :) Thank you again for the response 
advertisement