Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Allergic Reaction to BMP?

Comments

• KL - every morning and night they would have me do the lift/pull test. Also tested my hand strength.

I don't think I've lost moveability, just the ability to feel my leg and toes.

I can't get over the fact that my ankle feels wooden and my big toe could be a wooden block for all that I feel it.

Funny though - the bottom of my foot is still ticklish! STRANGE!! My leg reacts like it's being tickled and I can feel the giggle in me, I just can't feel the skin being touched.

It gives me hope :)
  • i just had back fusion ive had 4 total, they did a fusion, when i got out of the hospitol i devloped hives and rashes, they said after several trips to the emegency room and then back to my dr. said it was an allergic reaction to the protien they used in the fusion. there is a md that works in the office who took the allergic reaction over, put me on pretozone 100mg, and allegra to keep from itching, the pretazone kept the fusion from healing but had to take it or reaction could have spread internally, know im looking at a revision if pain does not subside.
  • advertisement
  • I also did not have that much leg pain before surgery had the BMP and legs worse now.I was just given prednisone but am worried to take it..I know
    i worry about taking anything...
  • Biggorb - I never got any prednisone, but from what other's have said, it worked for them - definitely talk to you dr, if you have concerns or questions.

Best of luck!
  • to take inflammation down and can really help to relieve the pain. I really dislike taking it because I know in the long run it's not really good for you (but then, neither is back surgery!), but I'd give it a go.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • advertisement
  • So the predisone is for the inflammation?due to the nerves just inflamed and irritated?Thanks for all your help..
  • Big - yep, prednisone is a whopping anti-inflammatory (not that I'm a dr. or anything)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.