Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

    Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

3 Level ACDF with Head Cold

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,082
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All,

I've not posted in a while just been in wait mode. Anyway the day of my surgery is finally almost here 7/30 - scheduled for a 3 level acdf c4-c7. Here's my problem i woke up with a head cold last monday and i just can't seem to shake it. Will they still do the surgery even though i have a cold or do you think i will need to reschedule. It took me close to 3 months to get this date. I sure hope not. Has anyone else had the same problem?

I figure I'll have to call the surgeon on Monday anyway but was curious if any one else has had a similar problem.

Thanks
advertisement

Comments

  • I would call the Dr's office . ASAP, as you may be able to receive something that could help or at least they could advise you whether it is safe to go to surgery with it. This is a situation where you don't want to take any risks. But on a positive note, I read someplace that a slight cold may not necessitate postponement. To be on the safe side, check with your surgeon.

    Good luck,

    Kin
  • It must be something about having surgery - I got a sore throat and headache and fever the 2 days before my surgery. I just ate a garlic clove, took vit. C and Airborne and got lots of sleep. It knocked the cold and by Monday I had no fever.

    Isn't there a shot you can get asap to knock a cold and/or fever - call the doc. and see
  • advertisement
  • Well it looks like i just got my medical clearance. According to DR no need to postpone for a head cold w/o fever. Thank goodness as i was not really relishing the idea of a postponement.
Sign In or Register to comment.