Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Love the Summer, Hate the Mosquitos!

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
I love being outdoors, especially evenings, even more so before a thunderstorm    But  mosquitoes and I do not see eye to eye.   They bite me and I cant bite them back.
We found this on Facebook today, maybe it might help

Mosquito Yard Spray 
  •  BIG bottle blue cheap
    mouthwash
  • 3 cups of Epsom salt
  • 3 stale 12 oz cheap beer

Mix those three ingredients togteher untl the salt is dissolved.  Spray anywhere you sit outside, around pools, will not harm plants or flowers

Mosquitoes gone from that area for approximately 80 days.  I spray my deck all my sitting areas twice a summer.  Go out and sit and your underwear all the time at night and never get bit.  They leave that area you spray and will not come back.

Been using this mixture for the last 15 years.  It works  Heard about this on a Paul Harvey segment years ago, thats how I was informed about it.  And it works well. All my friends that have tried it can not believe it works.  The stronger you mix, the longer it lasts

Mosquitoes
and bugs hate it… Nice mint smell

I HOPE THIS WORKS!

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    I am in Louisiana and they will carry you away here
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Ive been kinapped by some..
    Please send bug spray!
    Kidding.
    They have shown one apprx the size of a quarter on the news
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • Ron
    Seriously my son owns a place by a river and those bugs drive us nuts. When the sun is going down they come out in full force ruining our favorite place the porch where we love to watch the deer, rabbits, wild turkeys and the beautiful sunset but it is a nightmare with those bugs. 
    We will be forever grateful to you if it works and also the savings in the tons of repellent we have bought over the years.
    Thanks once again for a great post, I cannot wait to tell him to mix it up. 
    Sherri
    PS: I bet there are a lot of great ideas out there for posts to help with things like this.
  • SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
    I just wonder...how will I ever get some stale beer?

;) ;) ;)

• i am in louisiana and they will carry you away here

if you didn't know mudbugs couldn't fly, you probably wouldn't know if it was a mosquito or a crawdad coming at you!! lol

peppermint spray also works well keeping rodents away.  i made some using essential peppermint oil and water (i put about 20 drops of oil in spray bottle of water), and have had really great luck keeping the little buggers out of our pantry! 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    Yes, I've used Essential Peppermint oil for years now.  I put a few drops on a cotton ball, lay them around the basement floor.   Works pretty good
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement