Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Where do you find your inner courage to deal

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,527
I know I've talked many times about others who have been there for you, what positives there are in your life to make you want to move ahead.

But, what I would love to hear from everyone about is.  

What is it inside of you, where do you find your inner courage to deal with everything?

What makes you who you are, what you are and what you intend to be?
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
    I have had to endure some very difficult things in my life since I first leapt out of the womb. That's how my mom describes it...she couldn't get to the hospital fast enough, and when she did, I (her words) "rolled out the red carpet and pranced out." There has been nothing that has held me back, honestly. Until this.

I think that's what has made it all the harder. I don't understand why I have succumbed to this pain. Just surrendered everything to it.

So, in all honesty, right now the only thing getting me through each day is believing it is going to go away soon.

Maybe it wont, and I will have to adjust my thinking. But for now, that's what I've got to work with. Just being honest :/
  • I get my inspiration to try new things to further recovery from external sources, I see something, I think I can do that, or I used to be able to do that, I am going to work out how to do it now, on my own!

Yesterday I went for a bush walk, the first since injury, I was told by my ex that it would be to hard for me, so he never invited me along, it was easy. The track was well maintained and all proper stairs and everything... okay so it wasn't easy but it was doable and I did it! All by myself, sure I was slow, sure I need a walking stick and sure the down parts get really dodgy when the ground is slippery because I can't feel the surfaces moving below my left leg but I did it! Doing something and actually getting it done, that gives me inspiration to give something else another go.

Loz
    -Loz-
  • advertisement