Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

One of My Favorite Sounds...

Is baby chicks cheeping away!!  We just picked up our order of Buff Orpington chicks--we lost all but one chicken to a fox who actually figured out how to undo the coop latch a couple months ago.  We now have the little cuties tweeting away in our living room (for now!).  I just love their little fuzz-butts, too!!  Having new life in the house is such a nice feeling!! 
Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
Firm believer in PMA!
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Kimmy
    Are you serious little chicks how lucky are you to experience that. Do you raise them and then use them for meat? When I was a kid we raised ours in our front room with a light dropped down to keep them warm. Then when they got big enough we did the "you know what" and what a mess. We had this huge silver pot my Dad would ---- them and throw them in hot water, then we had to take the feathers off so Mom could cut them up and wrap them for the freezer. I had ten brothers and sisters we had a farm grew all our food, I know all about milking a cow, weeding a huge garden, making butter and ice cream etc. My children spent their summers down with Grandma and Grandpa which gave them memories so many children miss out on today. It was a hard life but I would not have traded it for anything.
    My son owns a cabin in an area we wanted to do just that go back to the good life but with my current health it has been put on the back burner. So enjoy for me I know just what you are talking about so dang cute.
    One of my favorite sounds is the river running behind my son's cabin and the songs of all the birds up there.
    Enjoy!!!
    Sherri
  • Kittens purring 
    A Hyabusa in top gear
    A 599XX on the track
    An Aria well voiced
    Amazing Grace on Bagpipes
    The Rosin on Bow on a cello
    Taps as the Flag lowers
    Heavy Metal music
    The sound of Pink Floyd
    Mark Knophler and his axe
    The Silence in the desert
    The sound of a friends voice
    The sound of silence

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • Sherri--this particular breed is good for their big, bee-yoo-tee-ful brown eggs.  They're not really a "meaty" bird. We did try butchering a few in the past, but the effort outweighed the reward.  That's how we did it--pot of hot water and all.  I didn't have chickens until I was an adult, but my late father farmed whatever land we had!!   We love the Buffs--they're gentle and social, and nothing beats the sound of a rooster's crow at dawn!  Of course, he's a little young to be crowing right now.
    After we lost our other birds to the fox, the remaining hen actually attempts to crow!!!!  It is the craziest, funniest sound!!  It's like she almost knows how much we miss the sound of the rooster, so she does her best to try to imitate his crow.  Oh my goodness, my husband and I just lay in bed and laugh...

William--as crazy as this sounds, my favorite Mark Knopfler music was the soundtrack for the movie, The Princess Bride.  That guy is one amazing musician!!  Love your additions to the favorite sounds!! 
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
    Well, I'll follow William here (though I do know that sweet sound of chickies):

* the sound of a lone trumpet playing long and slow
    * the sound of snow falling on snow (you hear it on a very cold, dark night in Alaska )
    * the sound of an ice cold beer being cracked open on a hot, worry free afternoon 
    * the first sounds your baby makes right after birth (that should probably be listed before beer cracking...totally unintentional)
    * the sound of a lake lapping in the middle of the night
    * whipporwhills calling to each other when you are perched on a smoky mountain top
    * the sound of prayer flags flapping when you are sitting on a rooftop in pelling, india and the clouds just parted to reveal another awesome height of Himalayas
    * when you are sitting on your deck on a carefree day listening to the distant hums of lawnmowers and men (or maybe women) tinkering with wood and nails
    * the sound of your doctor telling you they just sent your pain med prescription in ( :D)

That was awesome! Thanks! Sorry for the highjack, kimmy. P.s. don't eat the chickies! 

• Sharing nice sounds is NOT a highjack!!
    Let's keep it going!!  Who's next?? :D
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement
  • The squelching sound of snow as you walkin a virgin field on a verrry cold nite
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• the squelching sound of snow as you walkin a virgin field on a verrry cold nite

not a sound, but in keeping with  the snow--the blue of a completely virgin snowy field at twilight...breathtaking!
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    A cork being drawn from a Vintage bottle of Port
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    Oh, gosh, I too love that sound, william. It is heavenly. 

Crickets chirping on a muggy night. Frogs croaking. And when they all blend together.
advertisement