Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Neuropathy connection to sciatica relief thru Lyrica

I've had neuropathy since 2008 and after a brief period of treatment the neuropathy pain increased and I was then give a 50mg dose of Lyrica that helped dramatically but, the pain increased over the years and I increased the dose gradually till now up to 250mg.
However sciatica/stenosis hit me hard over the last 3 months with nerve pain down to my calves. I just upped my dose to 350mg. I'm hoping for the best but, I want to say here that I've never had any bad side effects from the drug & only had relief. I'll keep you updated how it's going - I have a positive attitude which should count. If it will work - it could give us more hope.  Stay tuned. 
advertisement

Comments

• SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
    Hi,

I take lyrica also, but a much smaller dose. It has an intoxicating effect on me, but it does provide some relief of burning and buzzing in buttock and leg.

I'm glad you are getting such great relief without side effects! 

Take care :) 
    Sara 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello solobee !
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement