Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

OOps! Found the right place!

Hi folks. My name is Rusty, I'm 57 and a widow. I also have many issues including chronic back pain, COPD, panic attacks and I'm bi-polar. I leave my home as little as possible due to all these issues and have become so isolated since I lost my wife a few years ago that people in my apartment complex are surprised when I do venture out side. I avoid  new people and places out of fear of having a panic attack (not just a case of the nerves, I have lost control of basic bodily functions many times in the past and landed in the ER more than once) And between the pain, the COPD, and the mental health issues I haven't been to a Doctor for more than 15 years. I'm in so much pain now though, that I can't even stand up long enough to make a pb and  j! I'm at my wits end and I guess I really need a safe place to talk about my pain without people thinking I'm trying to get sympathy or something. I need to be able to talk with others that truly understand what chronic pain is and how it affects every aspect of a persons life. I don't take any medications ( no doctor) so every day is a struggle to even get out of bed, 95% of the time I loose that struggle and just stay in bed because it hurts too much to bother.. Something has got to change, but unless Doctors start making house calls again I'm not sure what can be done. Thanks for reading my story and I hope you are all in far less pain than I am. 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Rusty1 !
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello....
    You have found a supportive and informative site!
    If you use the search on this site, upper right on page, type in your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions.
    You may be led to the medical side of SH site with articles and videos.

Im sorry for the loss of your wife. As you describe, I can imagine your world getting smaller and I know it can become a lonely place to be.

Myself, I have depression and anxiety, but I am able to venture out, go see all my doctors to remain medicated and stable with all my conditions.

Do you have any kind of support people in your life that visit you, or otherwise communicate with you?
    From my experience with friends and loved ones, having one or two people active with you and in your life can make a very good start in feeling less alone.

I was wondering, would you feel comfortable describing the pain you are experiencing?
    The more information you can share, the easier it is for members to respond with shared experiences.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • Rusty1RRusty1 Sparks NevadaPosts: 3
    I will try to be more informative in my next post. Thank you for  the advice as I need all the help I can get. And in answer to your first question about support people, I do have some very close friends that I depend on for just about every thing, but none of them understands that the pain I have is very real and overwhelming at times because they have no point of reference in their own lives. They do support me emotionally as much as they can , and on those rare days that I feel the need to get out of my house and my head they scramble to come pick me up for a day out with the grandbabies and grand dogs too. lol! 
  • blossom77bblossom77 EnglandPosts: 50
    Hi Rusty,
    Sorry to hear about your problems, your dr should do home visits. Unfortanently many dr's don't, can anyone take you to your dr and support you. I have chronic pain and depression, I understand what your going through. I wish I could help more. I hope you have some interests that you can do at home. Sorry about your wife, very sad story.
    i hope you can get to see a dr, so they can assess your pain and help with your other conditions.
    Take care
  • Rusty1RRusty1 Sparks NevadaPosts: 3
    Thank you, Blossom , and yes I do :have people willing to take me . That's not the problem, leaving the house under the best of circumstances is a very rare and difficult thing for me but going to meet new people in new places is , at this point almost an impossibility!  :'(
  • advertisement
advertisement