Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone use turmeric and black pepper?

I am trying different things to help my pain.  I think I am getting some relief from using the turmeric and pepper compound but it is too soon to tell
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    I use a combination of:
    Turmeric
    Hot Pepper
    Ginger
    Cinnamon
    Raw Apple Cider

every night.  I mix them all together and drink it.  I've been doing this for over a year.  I think if anything it has helped me with some of my arthritis joint pain.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Ron
    Please can I ask how much of each you use.
    Thanks Sherri
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    Sherri

Turmeric  1 tbls
    Hot Pepper  1/4 tsp
    Ginger  1 tbs
    Cinnamon 1/4 tsp
    Raw Apple Cider 2oz
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 920
    I've started using turmeric with black pepper right after my last ER visit about two weeks ago where they told me they would not give me anything for my acute pain crisis.  I was already on the max dosage of pain meds that the pain management doctor had written.  I've now taking turmeric with black pepper as an anti-Inflammatory.  I can't take NSAIDs because I'm on blood thinners. The turmeric with black pepper is a lot more effective for me that turmeric by itself.  The turmeric with black pepper has allowed me to cut back my pain meds a pill a day so that I now have a little space to temporarily increase my pain meds during an acute pain crisis.  I highly recommend turmeric with black pepper.         
  • Thanks Ron
    nutcase007 can I ask the mix you use of black pepper and turmeric I am going to try both combinations that is great it helps you that much.
    Sherri
  • advertisement
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 920
    Hope3 - I'm using one of the premixed capsules packaged by one of the supplement companies.  Each capsule contains 500mg of turmeric with black pepper.  I take one with every meal.  
advertisement