Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How to treat cervicogenic headache

Comments

• Hello jail Ann. Good for you.  I have had many facet injections with no luck.  I don't know what works for bulging discs and neural foraminal stenosis.  I am going to try two level acdf in hopes it will help headaches, arm pain and neck pain
    dmo
  • I'm glad you've found some relief. I wish my docs would consider actually doing something besides more oral steroids and more PT over and over and over again. Heck, they don't even seem to understand the mechanics or nature of cervicogenic headaches and I had one doc even tell me there's no such thing and if I was getting headaches it was only because of anxiety and not my cervical problems. Honestly though, that's par for the course so far with my experiences since this all began. I get so much conflicting information about cervical neck problems and how they can affect you that I'm not even sure the medical community even understands these conditions.
  • advertisement
  • I want to give you some HOPE! I had a single level acdf only 2 weeks ago. So I'm pretty new to this. But I've suffered from migraines my entire life. After the accident my headaches were severe and daily but different from my migraine. After my acdf I have only had 1 headache and my pain meds took care of it. I am still in some discomfort from the surgery, but oh my I am soooo glad I had it done. I hurt like crazy for from about day 3 to day 9 post opp. Your muscles tighten real bad, so I was constantly taking my pain meds. I barely take them now. I feel so much better and my headaches which were constant for months are gone! So there is hope! Good luck! 

• I want to give you some HOPE! I had a single level acdf only 2 weeks ago. So I'm pretty new to this. But I've suffered from migraines my entire life. After the accident my headaches were severe and daily but different from my migraine. After my acdf I have only had 1 headache and my pain meds took care of it. I am still in some discomfort from the surgery, but oh my I am soooo glad I had it done. I hurt like crazy for from about day 3 to day 9 post opp. Your muscles tighten real bad, so I was constantly taking my pain meds. I barely take them now. I feel so much better and my headaches which were constant for months are gone! So there is hope! Good luck! 

advertisement