Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

2 Days Post Op and not doing well

advertisement

Comments

• how are things today?
  • My incision feels slightly better but my nerve pain in my leg feels about the same. I called my doctor's office today. He's out of town but his partner (who doesn't know anything about me) thinks a steroid pack with solve the problem so he called it in. I also told him that some of the blisters had attached themselves to the gauze and asked what to do. He said I have to rip the blisters off and get the gauze off of there *easy for him to say*. Needless to say, I ripped the blisters off and removed the gauze. It hurt like heck but it's all done now.
  • advertisement
  • It is not uncommon to be allergic to the anesthesia or any of the drugs they gave you honestly). But since you say that your headache was post-op, I would think that it is an allergy. Even if you never have had a reaction before, you can acquire one over time.

Be sure you tell your doctor about it and notify any other doc when surgery is involved by saying "I MAY have had an allergenic reaction to anesthesia." -- The doctor will ask you to explain and adjust your treatment accordingly.

As for a dural leak / tear... I doubt it if you do not still have a headache, memory problems, balance issues, nausea, etc. Additionally, a dural tear, if big enough, will infect and cause great pain in the area. The reason for the pain is that the spinal fluid and disk fluid do not get along well and cause inflamation and nerve pain.

Best Wishes
  • Yeah i agree with the others, the severe headache is probably from that leak..

As for back pain.. I had SEVERE SEVERE like i couldnt even talk speak breath backpain for about 2 weeks after my operation (double laminectory/microdiscetomy on l4/5 disk)..

Basically if i moved wrong or used the muscles in my lower back at all it would send shooting pains throughout my entire body.

So i think that backpain you are having is normal.. just give it time to heal and it will get better.

hope that helps a bit!
advertisement