Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Need to no what happening

Start having lower back pain two year now .I went to a a doctor he gave me pain meds pain didnt go away it only get worst do I went to another doctor which said i have scatica so he gave me cataflam because my back was imflammed that help along with physitheropy ,but recently it start back but its worst than before i cannot bend to take up anything weather i sit or lye down i feel the pain especially in the morning when i sleep the whole night .my pelvic hurts and the pain run down my leg and it feels like someone sitting in my back ,i did an xray lately it show that my spine have a slite curve when i look in the mirror its visible,could this curve be causing the pain not to move. My orthopedic sent me to do a mri he said it might a disk problem could someone please help me I don't no wat to do cant sleep at night because of pain
advertisement

Comments

• SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
    Hi ann64mar,

Sorry you are going through this. I understand the pain, fear, confusion, frustration, etc.

Sounds like you are on the right path with the ortho to find the cause. Just keep communicating about your symptoms, asking for answers, etc. If your meds aren't easing the pain enough to allow you to get through your daily activities and sleep, make sure your doctor is aware. Keep a pain diary. Track it throughout the day. I've found it helpful to draw an illustration of the pain to show doctors.

Also, do some research on spine issues- lots of resources here on spine health. Look up dermatomes. They can help you understand pain pathways related to spinal discs.

Unfortunately, in the medical world, particularly with pain, you really have to be your own advocate, and be the "squeaky wheel," or you can always fall through the cracks.

Hang in there. Hope you get answers and relief soon!

Sara :) 
  • Unfortunately, in the medical world, particularly with pain, you really have to be your own advocate, and be the "squeaky wheel," or you can always fall through the cracks.

Sooverit is so right on this point!  Unfortunately, doctors aren't mind readers, so anything and everything you can possibly communicate to them about how you are feeling is very important!!
    I'd like to welcome you to our site, despite the reason you had to find us!  Please click on the following link for some useful information to get you started!

Welcome to Spine-Health 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement
  • Hi Ann64mar, sorry to hear about your lower back pain but I'm glad you were able to seek medical help. I've had it myself for several years and I know how miserable it is. You certainly came to the right place for excellent advice and support. Please let us know how the MRI goes and hopefully it will give you some much needed answers. How soon will you have it done?
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS