Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can anyone help with I'd Therapy....

My girlfriend has a cervical herniated disk. This has happened about 10 months ago. She been thro all sorts of chiros, physios, osteos and acupuncture. Nothing helped. She then got her first epidural injection and it's releived the arm pain

But she still has alot of muscle and neck pain. The neurologist won't give another epidural as I think here in London uk the pre requisite for the injection in the arm pain. Shes been told to noe exercise and get physio but she's still in too much pain.

While researching for her I stumbled across this I'd Therapy. It does look good but not sure if it is an expensive gimmick. It's £75 a session compares to the £40/50 sessions of others but we wouldn't care if.it worked. 

I also came across traction and was wondering if it was worth going down that route. 

She's also been put Intouch with apparently a great chiropractor so we are really confused on the route to take. Would anyone have sum advice please as she's been in constant pain for nearly a year and I just want her to get well. Thanks 

advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    I would suggest clearing any kind of treatment with her doctor. Doing the wrong thing could make her pain worse.  Has she had an MRI? Perhaps the chiropractor can help. But don't try anything on your own.
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    For me, traction helped manage my pain, but not enough to avoid surgery.  Talk to her Dr about it.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello cerviclaherniahelp !
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History