Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Low back pain over 3 months

Hi all, I am new to this and just feel like I want to share my experience of low back pain. Im 23 and have had low back pain for over 3 months, which mighn't feel so long compared to longer sufferers. I believe this to be chronic pain as it is over three months. I feel like I just dont have an answer as to what is causing it. I began firts by having physiotherapy to see if that would solve it but almost 8 sessions later, no use. I have gone to the doctor, taken anti-inflammatories, had an MRI and still no cause or solution. The MRI showed that my discs are all fine and in line so leading me to believe that it is all muscular. The pain began hurting right in the pit of my lower back, like a deep ache that I couldn't reach no matter how much I tried to massage it. It was also on the left side of my lower back and still is now, never ever to the right side. From time to time I get sciatica only down my left leg, it keeps me up at night sometimes. In recent weeks the pain has shifted completely to the left side, no longer in the pit of the lower back, which I feel to be an improvement somewhat. If I put pressure into the sitting position, it hurts the most. I try regular exercises to keep the muscles strengthened as recommended by my physio but still no improvement. I havent played sports since it began and this is really getting me down as I like to keep fit. Has anyone any similiar expereriences to this? What else culd I try? Im just hoping its not a long term thing :(
advertisement