Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

ACDF completed: Triple Discectomy 4 Level Fusion.

Hello,
I am Mike from Northern New Jersey and this forum helped out alot with some of my decisions prior to surgery.
The pain was persisting but more importantly, my palliative Doctor would not return me to full duty without the surgery.
I work in the Law Enforcement field and was out of work or on light duty for over a year tending to other injuries that occurred at the same time as my cervical injury.
It was time.
I had the surgery on June 22, 2016 and 5 days later alot of the pain has subsided.
I am in a neck brace and have not made and quick movements so I sm still apprehensive to take the collar off. but so far so good.
any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks,
Mike
ACDF triple discectomy
C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6 Fusion
advertisement

Comments

• laurietlauriet Kent, WAPosts: 35
    Hey Mike, I would call your surgeon before taking off your collar. I had anterior and posterior (3 days apart) on C 3-7, I went from the hospital to rehab on day 8, I was really bad, bed bound. At rehab they had me up and walking and doing exercises 4 times a day. I kept collar on for exercises and walking but when I was in bed I was able to take the collar off. I'm still not strong enough to return to work, but working on it daily. 
    Good luck to you,
    Laurie
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    Welcome to these forums Mike.

I agree with Laurie, follow your surgeon's instructions on when to take the collar off.  It seems like they have different theories on collar use, and types of collars.  I don't know what makes the difference...

Are you getting up and walking?

Good luck on your recovery, keep us posted on your progress.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • Hello, Mike!!

First, thank you for your service to your community!

Second, I'm glad to hear "so far, so good!!"  We need all the "success stories" we can get, no matter if it's ten days or ten years after any procedure!!  I do hope your recovery continues to go well, and that your updates will reflect more improvement in the days and weeks to come.

Welcome to the forums!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!