Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Scoliosis is ruining my life

i am a 25 year old female with scoliosis. I have two curves one is 25, the other is 32. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 15 after a big growth spurt. For a while it didn't bother me much but within the past few years it has basically taken control of my life. I have been going to therapy and physically therapy for a while now but I feel like neither are making any positive improvements. I never stop thinking about the way my back looks. I don't wear tank tops or anything strapless because I hate the way I look. I am constantly in pain, constantly uncomfortable, and often times find myself short of breath. I feel like I am depressed. I do not go a second without thinking about my back and how I hate the way I look and feel. My mental health is taking a major toll due to my scoliosis. I have an appointment to talk to another surgeon but I know they will probably say the same thing as everyone else, the curve is not bad enough. I desperately want surgery. I don't think I will be able to live a normal life unless my scoliosis is gone. Is it possible to get surgery on scoliosis with the degrees like mine? Has anyone with similar curves had surgery? I realize the recuperation will be difficult but I am a determined hard working person and I know I can get through it and keep my body strong.  I just want to feel happy again. 
advertisement