Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Symptom relief, depression rebound

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,299
    Emotions.....
    Ok, when you have experienced spinal problems and have gone through surgery, through any rules about emotions out the window.

There really isnt any rhyme or reason o the emotions we experience after surgery.   Some times its a pure sighof relief, other times, we are cursing about what we did, other times, its not so bad, maybe I can make it, etc..... You can see, all different side of emotions.

To me, its perfectly normal for anyone in this situation to go from a 1 in the morning to a 5 in  the afternoon (in terms of mood scales).  It will get better

We only hope that our moods that we dish out are to the loved ones that can understand.

Crying:  Best left at night when no one can see or hear you.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Hi Savage,  I'm so glad to hear that working with a pain management doctor is working for you. That is great. My physical therapist recommended that I try seeing a PM or chiropractor when physical therapy didn't work. I ended up following up with a chiropractor, since my massage therapist highly recommended it (and a specific doctor in particular.) This FINALLY led to diagnosis: reverse curve in cervical spine resulting in tethered spinal cord. The rest of my spine is out of alignment as well. So I no longer feel like I'm crazy and I feel validated but it's obviously a very serious diagnosis. He's doing adjustments to correct my spine. Sometimes it's worse before better but overall I'm in way better shape than when I first went in a few weeks ago. I was having scary symtoms of autonomic nervous system failure, stabbing pains in my thighs/tailbone  as well as weakness in my legs. For a couple of years, the symptoms manifested as chronic migraine with stroke-like symptoms but became worse and worse. Too many symtoms to list really (but will list them all upon request ; )  For pain I do NSAIDs as needed but my stomach HATES them. Turmeric extract a few times a day to help with inflammation. Massage therapy when I can afford it. Chiropractic is helping, I go 3x a week.  Basically, I have a high tolerance (by necessity) for pain but my symptoms wax and wane so I'm not experiencing pain that's a 9 or 10 all day, every day. Acute pain is transient or at least passes in a day or so. I'm more at an average '6'but it gets harder and harder to quantify it when you're used to it lol, you know? Tried, ahem, a particular 'herbal remedy'' a while ago but even that  seems to overstimulate my nervous system at this point. As awful as the pain is, NOTHING is worse or scarier than the neurological/central nervous system symtoms. I do fear that I might have something underlying predisposing me to such debilitating injuries but for now, I have to just focus on getting my spine fixed and feeling better. I hope you continue to do well. Feel free to ask me anything, I'm open to discussing anything related to my condition, that's why I'm here!! Oh and no I've never had any surgeries. I've been advised that the surgery for my condition is just AWFUL and should be an absolute last resort. I actually have a friend recently diagnosed with the same thing as me (as well as a spinal synovial cyst, I think) and she will be having the surgery. 
  • advertisement