Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Tips

SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
Okay...I've discovered two things this past week that bring me temporary relief in specific situations:

1. When I have to stand up to do dishes, cook, etc., standing on my tiptoes, intermittently, brings moments of relief! I guess it relieves pressure on the back, si joints.

2. Sitting on the potty is painful for many of us, especially if we are petite. I now sit at an angle, knees pointed out to 2 o'clock. This puts my weight on my thighs across the opening of the toilet, instead of having my behind sinking in the opening. 

Just a couple random tips that might shave a bit of pain off the day for some of us.

Share your quirky tips!

Take care,
Sara :) 
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi Sara
    I do #2 too! Haha. I find it takes the pressure off my back.
  • SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
    @Ellen625 

Yep! Did it for the first time today. I thought, why on earth didn't I try this sooner??? It also puts the tp within easy reach, lol! That way I don't have to awkwardly turn to get it. 

Also, if you are going #2, you can pull the trash bin around and prop your feet up on it. It helps me! Especially if things are running slow ;)

Oh, the things we can talk about on here! So inappropriate anywhere else!

;)
  • advertisement
  • SooveritSooverit Finger Lakes region of NYPosts: 460
    Now I just need a little inspector gadget arm to reach around for me and wipe  :D
    Haha! Inspector gadget! Brings back memories! One of the things I used when my sciatica was really bad was a TENS unit. Sends little massage-like electrical impulses to the areas where you put the patches. There were times I don't know what I would have done without it! They are inexpensive and I actually got mine free using an rx.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,924
    Having both shoulders replaced, this was a necessity:

Bottom Buddy

Available at almost any online arthritis product web site.
    Does exactly what you need it to.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
  • Hi Everyone
    That is one of the things I love about this Forum that you can talk about these things since any little thing that helps is priceless.
    It is at times so painful to go potty so I am going to try the feet elevated cause going does give  some relief.
    Bottom buddy going to check that one out too. I was thinking Ron it might be helpful to have a Forum called "helpful hints" but maybe that goes under one of the others. 
    I love my tens too especially for my upper/mid back and that muscle that travels up the  side of the spine gets all twisted up.
    Ok this is nuts maybe but I wear a elastic band on my wrist and flip it when the pain gets at its worse it does take my mind off of it a bit. Not into cruel stuff but we do whatever we can.
    Take care Sherri
    Sherri
    Nothing is nuts when it comes to pain relief!
    Ellen
advertisement