Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

failed cervical disc replacement 2nd surgery advice needed

I am facing a decision on whether or not to get another cervical disc replacement surgery or removal and double fusion at c567. I had c56 adr 15 months ago and it because it was poorly done the disc under the replacement has collapsed crushing the nerves and the implant is sitting badly.  I am in constant agony. Surgeon suggest removal of artificial disc and double posibbly triple fusion.  Has anyone had or heard of this. I am confused and can't think clearly due to the continuous pain and meds.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I am so sorry that you are going through this!  I had a similar problem. C 4-5 and C 6-7 was fused and C 5-6 collapsed. I should have gotten a second and even third opinion.  Please see another surgeon, I know its so hard to get out and deal with it but you have to make sure that others agree.
    2006-Dec #1, L4-5 laminectomy
    2007-Jan #2, L4-5 laminectomy
    2008 Jan #1, Anterior fusions C4-5 and 6-7
    2008 July #2, Anterior fusion of C5-6
    2010 Apr L4-5 Global Fusion
    2011 June, posterior fusiont c6-7-nonunion
  • leec5/6lleec5/6 Queensland AustraliaPosts: 3
    Thanks Amestree, how has your neck been after the fusion? I could travel to Germany and get it fixed properly but I dont have the $50K to do so. I am limited to the public system here in Australia , which is a hit and miss affair. I am seeing a neurosurgeon on the 19th july. I will let you know what he says.
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello leec5/6 !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History