Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pinched nerve question

I got from what the chiropractor suggested a pinched nerve in my neck and have very dull aches in my left trap,bicep and numbness in my thumb. Also weakness in my left arm and left pec slightly
Since 2 chiropractor visits its gotten a little better but should I continue this route or get physical therapy??
I'm a wrestler and worried this could be leading to something more severe.

advertisement

Comments

• You should go to a PCP and see if you can get them to order an MRI. If you have a disc problem that's causing the nerve pain, the chiropractor won't be able to help you and might make it worse. 
    Signed,
    A Person Who Uselessly Saw a Chiropractor for Two Months Then Discovered She had a Herniated Disc 
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510

We cannot diagnose, but I can tell you that the symptoms that you report are consistent with mine, which were from bulging discs in my neck.

To get a diagnosis, and proper care, you need to see a doctor, and as VirginiaPlain says an MRI is a great tool in forming the diagnosis.  I would do this BEFORE doing any more wrestling.  Your doctor may also want you to have an EMG test, which tests nerves.

Once you have a diagnosis, you can ask your doctor about Chiropractor vs PT vs other courses of action.

Good luck, let us know what you do, and how it turns out.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement