Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Burning sharp stiff pain in neck

I just had a c5 c6 fusion 2 weeks today Im not supposed to pick nothing up over 5lbs I had to pick my dog up without thinking she weighs about 13 lbs it didn't bother me at first then all of a sudden I had this burning rushing down the back of my neck and the left side of my neck hurts bad could I have messed it up... please should I go to the doctor I'm in pain bad 
advertisement

Comments

• Yes, you should.

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510

Sassygirl

You surgeon should have given you a list of things that you should call the office about, this should be one of them.

My rule is that if I am really worried about something, I call.  I am worried about you, so call!

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • Thanks everyone it's week 7 now my incision did end up coming apart but my fusion part looks great still thank god the incision got infected they had to go back in and clean it out and put on antibiotics I stayed one night in the hospital on very strong antibiotics. I'm no longer in a brace and starting to feel much better. Please always do what your doctor saids no lifting and rest.. GOD BLESS AND I LOVE YOU ALL..