Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Looking for spinal fusion success stories

Comments

• Hi.
    It has been 6 1/2 weeks  and I am very happy.
    I ended up with a 7 hour spine surgery which included a l3-s1 posterior fusion, tlif and laminectomy.
    I can now walk for 10 minutes with little or no pain.
    My legs are "quiet". Amazing!
    Of course, I still have foot numbness and pain, but it is so much less.
    I hope it will continue.

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    Steve

Thanks for the update.  Congratulations on the success you are having!  Hopefully your symptoms will continue to improve over the next year.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • Im in the process of getting insurance approval for the same L5 S1 fusion.  I been researching for a while and read different things compared to patients videos and blogs so I am somewhat confused.  Im not a candidate for disc replacement so this is it.  Can someone tell me who has had the surgery, what the pain is like right after.  Ive read some people don't feel the back pain at all only the incision site is really painful.  But my doctor says I will be in pain for at least a week or two.  Another blog showed a gentleman 3 days post op stating he has very little pain.  I just a little confused on what to expect post op.  Dr states 6 weeks out of work minimal.  I have a desk job so does anyone think I can go back sooner.  When I ask doctor he said we'll see.  Has anyone on here felt they were able to return to work after 2 to 3 weeks.  I know the doctor has to give me the later because if i don't feel better I don't say you told me i would be okay after 2 weeks.  So Im looking for some real answers from people who can tell me there post op experience day one till when was it you were actually able to fell as though you could go to work.  I know everyone deals with pain differently, but Im just trying to figure a somewhat real estimation of Pain, time, and function from people who have been through it.  I see the blogs above about life after.  Just looking for life during first few days to 2 weeks post op.  Any help is appreciated.