Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4 & L5 fusion

hi! I had L4 & L5 fusion done on 7/12/16, I am off pain meds and only taking Tylenol , I feel mild pain in my sciatica and sometimes in the back but nowhere near as how it was prior to surgery, I am wondering if this is normal and will go away. Went to remove stitches on 7/29/16 and after an x-Ray doctor said its looking good and told me I could start walking more and doing lite activities around the house, I am scared and I wonder if anyone had this discomfort and is it normal? Feedback will be greatly appreciated 
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Adrianna0116, it. Is very normal. You are doing well to be cleared to start light housework already and off pain meds! I'm 7 weeks post op laminectomy, discectomy and fusion and just got cleared for light housework . Do you have a brace? Remember no bending lifting or twisting with housework. I have this sciatic pain and spasms after a walk. I ve been told it take months to heal I ve been told it takes months to heal. 
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    Adrianna0116

Welcome to the forums and recovery.

Nerves are a funny thing, they can take time to heal.  Some symptoms may go away very quickly, while others will take longer.  I am 9 months post surgery and still have a few symptoms hanging around. They are getting better, but not gone yet.

As always, anytime you have serious concerns about your recovery, call your surgeon's office.  But it doesn't hurt to ask here first.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement