Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Just had cervical RFA on my right side of neck 3 weeks ago; and same thing on my left side last week

Comments

• redbud64rredbud64 CaliforniaPosts: 33
    Hi Patty2255! Where was your cervical fusion done? I mean which cervical areas? I'm having trouble in my C1 and C2 areas. Have had all the diagnostic treatments including RFA's. I'm very scared of having a fusion and I may just have to tolerate this horrible pain for the rest of my life. I want to remain active. Thanks in advance :)
    Dear Joyful, how is your condition by now?
  • advertisement
  • I had RFA about 8 weeks ago now on both sides of my neck.  I am still in terrible pain and have even more pain from the RFA where they went in. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.  My doctor was surprised that I'm still in pain.  I feel absolutely hopeless.  
    sfree: I know the feeling! I am fearful of surgery because I am active and I don't want to be fused into place for the rest of my life, but I don't want to be in pain 24/7 either! Hope you find relief soon!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    hello sfree!

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • Hi Patty. I had an RFA for neck pain, on October 7th. The pain was on the top of my shoulder about 1 inch from my neck. They told me I might have some pain in some extremities. The pain in front and back of my right shoulder, and down to my fingers was unbearable after. The only relief was if I laid down in bed or recliner with my arm elevated with ice on my shoulder. It is like a searing knife being twisted in the front and back of my shoulder. I now have been able to walk and do some things, but only if I wear a sling. Even then, I can't walk or stand for too long. If I do, the pain comes back with a vengeance. I am taking my grandsons to Disney and Universal in March, which will be a lot of walking, and standing in lines. I'm so scared that they damaged my nerves, and this pain will never go away. They knew I had nerve damage in my arm and hand due to cancer surgery. They have already been treating me for that with Morphine, which I have been taking for 5 years. After the RFA, the Miorphine didn't even help. I do admit that now the Morphine is helping some, but I still can't walk or stand for very long, and cant even walk around my house without wearing the sling, because just walking from my bed to my bathroom with my arm down, brings back the severe pain in my shoulder. I am going to see my doctor to see why this pain still is so bad. I never had this kind of pain in my shoulder, and never had to use a sling, until I had the RFA. Have you or have you heard of anyone still having this much pain after 4 weeks? Thank you so much. And I hope you are doing well. And I hope that everyone who has had an RFA, or about to get one, comes through it, with Great results.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    hello florence84 !

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement