Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Which Muscle Relaxers Have You Tried, and Which Ones Work Well?

advertisement

Comments

• maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 322
    Thanks dmo!
    dmo, I am just curious as to what types of tests you had done to diagnose tension headaches? I have had an x-ray and an MRI of my brain but they showed nothing so my PCP referred me to a Neurologist. I saw him about two weeks ago and he ordered an MRI of my neck. Well the insurance denied it, so I appealed their decision and I received a letter today that the neck MRI is still denied because I don't meet their Medical Policy Adult Head Imaging Policy. They want me to start physical therapy, which I already tried about 3 years ago. It did not really help. So now I guess I have to wait weeks to show that the physical therapy isn't working and hope that they will then approve the MRI. So frustrating! But in the meantime I have a check up with my PCP on the 23rd so I am going to discuss muscle relaxer options with her then.
  • advertisement
    I don't know why my doctor's office and I received conflicting information but I just got a call from the Neurologist and the neck MRI has been approved! Yay! Hopefully I will get some answers now!
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    Maehaley

That is great news.  Please let us know how it goes - and when it is scheduled.

Yeah - doing a little happy dance for you!

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

Thanks Bruce!! I am scheduled for Friday afternoon.
  • advertisement
    So I had the MRI done and it shows herniations at levels C5-C6. I finally know what is causing my symptoms! Does anyone else have experience with this type of herniation?
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Wow do you think you had these all 5 years of headaches?  I am glad you have answers finally.  Proper treatment can only begin with proper diagnosis 
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
    That probably is what has been causing the pain all along! I wish someone had ordered an MRI years ago and maybe it wouldn't be this bad! At least I have answers and can go from here.
    Now trying Lyrica and soma. Will be going to pain management and physical therapy.
advertisement