Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Seeking for Decision Making Assistance

advertisement

Comments

• Momo
    As I have Gently reminded RRM
    There are no medical professionals here.

ONLY personal experience can count toward advice.
    Let you mind rest from all the mental gyrations all this has caused you.

That for one..the thought of surgery is stressfull enough
    Two..All the new info you have to assimilate in a relatively short time
    Three. Your awake thinking about this..alot no?

To be sure, its not to be taken lightly..but as a progression toward decision.

Rest and mental relaxation is as important to healing as any proceedure or therapy.

Keep asking, keep informing yourself to take the mystery from thw road ahead.

Dont add things that havent or may not happen to the menu before you.

Be Gentle with yourself above all!
    William.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• RRMRRM Chennai, IndiaPosts: 20
    Welcome Momo-k and Thanks, and I feel that I am just sharing my experience here and have always been on the look out for some hopeful solution to somehow get rid of the implants on me since they have made my Life Miserable due to constant Irritation, Numbness & Cramps when I move around. It's almost like being Chained in a Medieval Cage. So I felt it's very important to share my experience.

Best Regards....
  • advertisement
  • momo-kmmomo-k Posts: 131
    edited 09/01/2016 - 4:23 PM
    Thank you for your kind words and support, @William Garza .
    YES I AM AWAKE THINKING about this every single day/night, and even think about it in my sleep. I appreciate your comment >>> "but as a progression toward decision". As this is a small progression on my path to a decision; I also realized that spine conditions are something that I have to learn to get along with wether I decide to have a surgery or decide not to have a surgery.

Thank you for sharing you experiences, RRM. Hope you find your resolutions to healing. My thoughts are with you. 
  • RRMRRM Chennai, IndiaPosts: 20
    Thanks to you too @momo-k & @William Garza  , and My Prayers and Good Wishes to You & Everyone here on this forum in Peace, Relief, Rest & Relaxation from all their ailments relating to the Spine....Best Wishes  _/\_
  • This week turned out be a very challenging week physically and mentally. Maybe continuous raining and temperature drop affected it. It certainly felt things are getting worse, and getting closer to my decision.  Rain, Rain go away!!! :/
  • advertisement
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 322

Hi momo-k! I know that you have a lot on your plate right now. I was just wondering if you have been able to make a decision about surgery? I know it has been weighing heavy on your mind....

• momo-kmmomo-k Posts: 131
    edited 10/08/2016 - 4:12 PM
    Hi Everyone!
    I don't know why, but things have been slowly and increasingly becoming rough and tough mentally and physically; new pain felt in different body parts. Anyways... I finally, I think, accepted my reality as best as I could and decided to get  a surgery in late January-early February if my employer approves for FMLA. It is "if", because I have exhausted my allotment early this year.  I need to bank some working hours before they give me another one.

I feel little bit relieved once I accepted the fact that I need a surgery; but at the same time, I now feel anxious and worried about what if it doesn't work out...

So I am sure I will be posting to ask for your supports, and whining and crying... :p 
    Thanks for your supports and being there for me. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,928
    Momo, instead of saying what if, say it will. Think positive, it's good for the soul.
    You could "what if" all day. Is it going to change the outcome? Have faith in your surgeon and yourself. 
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Right, memerainbolt. right.  ;)
advertisement