Hello - I am wondering if anyone has experiences traumatic lumbar burst fractures (L1-2) in addition to associated traumatic lumbar scoliosis? In particular I am interested in hearing if:
1. A conservative approach of TLSO brace/limited activity x 12 weeks afforded healing and if you are years out if you've successfully been able to avoid having fusion and/or scoliosis surgery?
2. If you had associated neuropathic/radicular pain and opted the conservative route - IF the pain subsided (again time frame of when pain subsided is helpful to hear)
3. If you have adopted other non-surgical methods for stabilizing the scoliosis to avoid further lumbar scoliosis progression (i.e. PT/core strengthening, MAT therapy, etc)?
4. If you DID have surgery - what type of surgery did you use to correct the burst fractures and scoliosis?
5. Any Forteo users who found that helped speed recovery?