Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Tired of the pain

I'm new to the group and I just need you alls opinion! I have had two neck surgeries and have a 3 level fusion on c-4 to c-7. My last surgery was in February. I have almost constant pain in my neck and shoulder. I just had another MRI and doc said everything looks good! I also have some numbness and tingling in my right arm and hand but comes and goes. He scheduled a EMG for me for next week to see if something else is going on. I believe all these symptoms are related to my neck. I've been off narcotics since June and the only pain med I take is gabepentin but it doesn't help and it makes me feel weird and I am having memory loss. Is this my life? Will I be in pain the rest of my life. Is this normal after having two neck surgeries? Opinions, thoughts, please??
advertisement

Comments

• Hello painful

Sometimes unfortunatly, some folks have a long process of finding time before the bottom of it is found.

Being in pain for life will hinge on many factors...work with your docs to find the best solution
    Hoping the best for you!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    Have you tried other ways to help lesson the pain? Heat or ice or a Tens unit? 
    I, also, have had 2 neck surgeries. And unfortunately, my pain is becoming worse. But I'm also having issues above & below my fusion. 
    Have you seen a pain doctor? I just recently had more injections in my neck. 
    I also used to take Gabapentin. I didn't like the side effects. I had memory loss, forgetfulness & gained weight. 
    What does your doctor say about the pain you are in? 
  • advertisement