Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Surgery for c4-5-c5-6 cord compression/Spinal Stenosis

Hi there,

I wanted to know if anyone has
nerve pain with compression in there cervical spine.  I have arm nerve
pain and right leg pain?  Anyone have this and if you had the ACDF
surgery and if that nerve pain went away.  I am waiting for surgery and I
am experiencing nerve pain in my right leg and as well weakness in my
right arm and nerve pain.  I am taking hydromorphine and it does not
help much with nerve pain.  I am hesitant to take Lyrica which has been
prescribed to me today and I am scared to start all this medication.  Is
the surgery going to take this nerve pain I am feeling away?
advertisement

Comments

• GMelvinGGMelvin Cheshire, UKPosts: 1
    Hi Vita

I'm awaiting ACDF (with some trepidation!!!). This was diagnosed after I started having 'electric shocks' down my right arm. I am taking Lyrica (75mg 2x daily) and all I can say is that it has given me complete relief. It takes 3 or 4 weeks to kick in but it has certainly helped me. I'll reserve judgement on the surgery - I'm due to have that some time in October.

I personally haven't had any dreadful side effects from the Lyrica, other that some slight memory issues. On the other hand, my Mum was put on them and it sent her to planet Zod - but she was 88 and on all sorts of other stuff as well.

I'd give them a go, you can always stop if they don't suit you

• Surgery might help stop it from getting worse or make it go away.  How did things end up with you?
  • advertisement