Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C5-c7 spinal fusion- what will recovery be like?

i would like to hear your experiences and recovery stories for surgeries like one I am going to have.
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    hello hockeycat5

please click on the link for useful information

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    hockeycat5

Welcome to the forums. 

Can you tell us more about your upcoming surgery?  Will it be from the front (anterior) or the back (posterior)?  Will they use bone from your own body, or donor bone?

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • I speak more with the surgeon on Friday.  I do know it will be through the front and tbd on whether it's my bone or cadaver.   Dr just did surgery on my friend and used her own bone so I am guessing that is his method.

hockeycat5

Then my surgery is very much the same.  Read my story by following the link in my signature below.

Bruce

It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• mgunthermmgunther Lake Hopatcong, NJPosts: 12
    Good evening everyone - 

I am 40 yrs old (young) and was diagnosed with herniation at C6-7.  Go for a second MRI - and there we have it - confirmed with large herniation - impingment on the cord - severe.  I had feeling of numbing tingling since March and went for injections - nothing helped. 

Now after i have my last appointment - C5-6 is also herniated - so the reco is to fuse both.  Yeah! adjacent disease  kicking in.  

Here is the "funny" part - after i see the doc and schedule the surgery - i start to feel better.  Pain comes and goes - but we know it is still "there"

Has anyone else experienced this?  Pain getting better or less intense after meeting with the doc.  My feeling has been if the problem is there - and i cant "be myself" then go for it.

Thanks everyone

Matt
  • advertisement
    Also having balance issues. Leg pain. Good times.  Anyone else experience similar ?
    matt

welcome to the spine-health forums.

it is funny that you ask about symptoms going away, several different people asked about the same thing yesterday - which is unusual (the question)

i have had symptoms come and go. 

please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started welcome to spine-health

Bruce

Really   Didn't know it was uncommon question 

Well i I also have leg pain and weakness.   Hopefully the surgery as I have read here will be successful 

this is a great site and you've provided great supportive info 
    Matt

Uncommon in that it isn't usually asked by 4 different people within 24 hours.  That was the uncommon part.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce :-)   well so happy for the support here.  My spine surgeon mentioned the site and how good it was to ease thoughts of some.  thank you for being here!
advertisement