Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sitting pain,knee pain,sciatica pain,feet swelling

Hello everyone, I am new on this site & thought I would mention few things what is going on with me to see if anyone could shed some light on what is possible going on with me. back 4 months ago I guess I gotten knee strain & had MRI'S & ex rays done on knee & lower back that has shown only somewhat a sprain in knee though as for the lower back MRI has shown buldging discs on #1 #3 & #5 lumbar moderate not severe...

The issues I am having to date are my knee feels tight across it with jabbing pains all around the knee sides, bottom, top, catching feeling @ times, whether I am walking or sitting it is painful... as I am sitting even for 5 minutes my glutes start to hurt from sitting as well knee can starts to get jabbing pains very painful... I have tried physical therapy though the therapist would make things even worse by twisting, bending & pushing down on knee hard when laying down I had to stop being it gotten to extreme for me...

Strangely back 6 years ago I had something like this almost identical with the exceptions of pain variations that I had back then in the knee to what I get today, this all lasted almost a year back in 2010 then had 5 years of being normal walking & sitting with no problems till as mentioned 4 months ago I had sprained my knee I assume getting out of the sofa that did it, my feet swell up since I had gotten this 4 months ago to which was a big concern to me although this happened as well back in 2010 lasted while though recently had an exam done to see if there was anything wrong which they did discover a blood clot in my right foot but none in my left foot which is weird being both feet swell up although back few years ago they didn't find any blood clots in my swollen feet so kind of in the dark about all this as well??..

I would hope that someone has some answers for me to why all this is going on being I been to many doctors & they have no answers for me other than wanting to have me going through pain management which I guess is the next thing for me to seek & praying hoping for this to all go away like it did the first time this all has happened to me few years ago..

advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi legend56
    My sciatic nerve pain was all on my right side. My mri showed a large herniation at L5S1 causing severe spinal stenosis. Initially, the pain was in my thigh down to about mid calf. Then I had partial numbness in my right foot. Lastly, my rear end joined the party with stabbing pain. I eventually had a microdiscectomy.  All sciatic pain is gone.
    My neurologist said I could go to pain management but I never did. There are many folks on this site that do.
    Best of luck!
    Ellen 
  • hello, legend56!

there are a few people on this site who can relate to being in pain without a definitive reason as to why!  i spent a lot of years trying to get to the bottom of my pain problems, but it wasn't until i had surgery that the true culprit of all the agony was finally revealed--two broken bones in my lumbar spine called a bilateral pars defect! 

i can understand your reluctance to become involved in pain management, however, this can be a very beneficial part of helping you to get this under control.  additionally, you may also find yourself closer to getting some of your longstanding questions answered as to why you're feeling the way you do!!  the decision to seek the services of a pain management clinic is a personal one, but the one thing i will say about it is it's better to keep as many options open to yourself as possible when you are coping with chronic pain.

i'd like to welcome you to the forums!  please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!

welcome to spine-health 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement