Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Went in for acdf, left with something else.

Just had my follow-up with my doctor.  Had a c4-5, c6-7 discectomy.  I was suppose to have fusion done as well as have my old plate taken out, but excessive bone growth made it a difficult job (5 hours).  Weighing risk against benefit he left in the old plate and put in artificial discs.
I came out of surgery with immediate positive results.  I got the feeling back in my hands and any numbness went with it.  Shoot I did not even bleed after this.  Other than a 2 day bout with severe charlie horse like cramps it has been a wonderful recovery.  I cannot do any heavy lifting but I can drive and do not need to wear that anxiety inducing collar any longer.
Again it comes down to wear you have your surgery done.  I drove a little further than last time and it made all the difference.  Boston traffic,  so be it.
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,437
    Wow.  That is great news for you.  I am so glad.

Thanks for the update, I am looking forward to more as your recover.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• Congratulations! 
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello....
    So glad your results are so positive! And your recovery going so well!
    It is always good to hear such encouraging experiences!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History