Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

anyone else- brain tumor fear?

has anyone else been afraid that their cervical symptoms were caused by a brain tumor? i can't seem to shake this fear and am afraid of finding out from an actual ortho/neuro whats wrong with my neck. symptoms for over a year now but i still cannot get over that i might die of a brain tumor.... if anyone else has experienced this or similar fears bc of neck symptoms i'd love to hear some stories
advertisement

Comments

• jillh10jjillh10 VermontPosts: 21
    Have you had an MRI?  I certainly was worried about the possibility of a tumor before my MRI but I was relieved (kinda) to see it was a bulging disc issue.  

It is very hard but try to focus on the positive.  Know that chronic pain can cause depression and - something I do all the time - catastrophizing or always thinking of the worst case scenario.

Hang in there!
  • If you had a brain tumor you'd be having seizures and vision problems. Talk to your doctor about your fears and you will feel much better. I know what it's like to worry that your problems are very serious illnesses. Please talk to your doctor and let him or her explain things to you.
  • advertisement
  • rhia5781rhia5781 Tennessee Posts: 11
    I have that exact fear! Had my mri today and saw that the top of my cervical spine is swollen and there is  a spot there that the neurologist  has no idea what it is.  Now have to get a spinal tap and  a mri of my head. I'm so scared. Naturally I think the worst case scenario.