Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Annular tears and radiculapathy

Hi. I'm hoping for some insight. I hurt my back as an RN. Since injury started on right lower back, leg, foot, it quickly jumped to left side as well. also since then I've been diagnosed with right perineal nerve damage, degenerative facet joints, bulging disc and annular tear. Me dr feels the tear is causing low back pain which hurts horribly when standing, sitting, rolling over in bed, sitting up from laying down and walking. There is a huge pressure feeling when sitting. Pain radiates to both groins, down right leg and both feet. Right leg goes numb after pain increases In back. I'm on pain Meds, do stretches, trying to get pool therapy paid for by insurance and multiple injections failed to provide relief. Dr didn't feel groin pain related to back but one post on this site states it is. I'm so limited in activities I can no longer do and have acute pain daily. Pain in back at times goes across low back area, it goes to groins, it radiates down leg. After laying down and standing in about twenty minutes the pain goes from back down to feet , back of ankles, groins. I wish a dude tony would solve problem but back surgery does not always have a good outcome. Drs say there's so many things wrong with back that fixing one area wouldn't eliminate pain. I'm so physically and emotionally exhausted and would love advice on next step. MRI doesn't show bulging disc pinching nerve and dr wanted new emg, MRI but insurance denied it. I'm lost. Please help me understand what's going on. Lastly, many Drs started I have complex regional pain syndrom because of how it jumped from one side to other side. Also developed osteomyelitis and arthritis since injury due to lack of mobility. 
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, Bethrn36!

It sure sounds like you're doing everything you can to get relief...I'm sorry to hear that these methods haven't been as effective as you'd hoped for. 

Is it possible for your doctor to "rate" your many back problems from most symptomatic to least?  I ask because the "domino effect" isn't always the absolute destiny for people who have back surgeries.  Perhaps finding out which issue is medically defined as your "worst" might help focus your treatment plan in a way that would at least help you start to experience some pain relief!

I'd like to welcome you to Spine-Health!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!