Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck and head pain all the time

ExdancerEExdancer Cumbria, UKPosts: 9
edited 08/19/2016 - 3:06 AM in Chronic Pain
I'm new to this site and I hope you can help me.
We live in the UK .[edit]
I've had back pain for the last 50 years (but thats another story).  The problem is my husband's.
After numerous scans and tests he was told today that he'd just have to live with his never-ending headache.  He's pretty stoical but this has thrown him and he's so angry I can't cope with it.  He won't talk, won't accept any physical comfort - he;s just angry its impossible to help him.
I understand, I really do, but feel so helpless.  (Its OK, I don't feel he's any danger to me with his anger, just that I don't know how to deal with it).  He won't talk, won't accept hugs, won't accept any suggestions.   Do I just leave well alone until he works through it?  I'd say he needs psychological help just now, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to suggest it!  Any better ones?  Acupuncture?  Osteopath?

Comment edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator
advertisement

Comments

• I have to say, I can relate. I don't know what is causing your husband's headaches but mine started with my neck issues and it got worse after my fusion surgery almost 2 years ago. I have medications up the wazoo just to calm it to a dull throb every day and sometimes that doesn't even work. It sucks. I go through times of anger because I don't understand why I have to deal with this daily. Why me? Why cant they fix this? I don't like talking about it much because it feels like I am just complaining. Most people can tell at work when I have one because I am quiet and I wince at every noise like someone lit a firework by my ear. Just trust that its a lot to take in. Let him deal with it in his own way and be there when he finally does want to talk about it. I am not a fan of this option myself but there are treatments of botox to help chronic daily migraines. Its very expensive though. But if it is available and he is willing, maybe you can ask your doctor about it. Many prayers for you and your husband.
    Tracie C