Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

spinal fusion help

hbguru123hhbguru123 BEDFORD, ENGLAND, UKPosts: 15
im 46 year old male from uk, had compression fracture T12 30% breakage, L1 AND L2 HAIR LINE FRACTURE  after fall in oct15. had mri, ct scans etc, all showing fracture maybe not healed fully after 9 months? also bulging three discs L1,2,3,, pertrution and severe herniation at L4/l5 , STENIOUSIS and some degeneration also, but neuro surgeon very good, says she confused and my case strange, I'm 6'3" and 320lbs, but still suggested a spinal fusion surgery to pin four vertebrae to give relief. she doesn't sound confident though that this will be total solution.   today into month 10, symptoms have eased a little but still discomfort permanently, current pain level 7/10. walking no real prob but lil restrictive, sitting major problem i get pulling burning sensation upper right thigh bad stinging sensations constantly whilst seated so can only really sit for 20 mins at a time, lower outside right leg pins n needles pain. constant pain from T12 area , bend twist, turn lean etc. 
      my head telling my fusion procedure is wrong.??? will be restrictive long term and maybe put extra pressure on vertebrae above and below in years to come plus major surgery - prob 4hours etc? got second opinion and surgeon said  t12 still not healed he suggest do balloon kypoplasty to cement the bone from wedge to near original shape. he will also after do two separate in sections to two discs damaged  to encourage them to heal naturally. confused about what is  required ???
   how do i get correct diagnosis ??  match symptoms to solution??  any body been through same ??  please help.  my head full of all different ideas, emotions, schemes etc, can't afford to make any mistakes. Opp set for october 2016.
THANKS KINDLY !!!!!      HAVE A GREAT DAY.  H
advertisement

Comments

• hbguru123hhbguru123 BEDFORD, ENGLAND, UKPosts: 15
    the second opinion procedures are both private and will be self funding as i no have insurance, the overall cost is just under 11k£... any help??? plz 

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    It sounds to me like you are expecting your surgeon to also be a fortune teller.  Surgeons rarely can predict the future, so of course yours couldn't.

Other than that, what is your concern?

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • hbguru123hhbguru123 BEDFORD, ENGLAND, UKPosts: 15
    Hi thanks for your input 
    I am torn between getting the fusion surgery done or kypoplasty ?  Which one is correct fir me ??
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    we cannot know which is correct for you.  you will need to work with your doctors to determine that.

what you can do is use the spine-health search tool to find more information on the procedures.  see searching spine-health for information  for more on searching.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

advertisement