Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

weather?

Does weather affect your pain and/or discomfort level? 
advertisement

Comments

• Cold weather especially.
    Have to wear my farmer insulated gloves.
    Oooooohhhhh the warmth!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Opposite here.   I cannot tolerate heat/humidity.   My hands swell,  and I break out in diffuse rashes on both arms and my neck/chest area.   Then I get sore all over,  and it's usually the end of my day after that. 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement
  • At the moment (11 weeks post-op acdf) I struggle with the wind - if it's really windy (like this week) it hurts my neck to walk outside. It must be the posture leaning into the wind or something...
  • Since  my surgery, my body temperature regulator in the heat, seems to have been disconnected!!!  Wet hair and face seems to be the norm and definitely not something I like.

You mention the wind nz1025 and I do not go out now if windy as I do not have the ability to stand against the wind without extreme pain in my lumbar and neck

AJ
    AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Thank you for your replies everyone. 

I feel discomfort/pain in my bones/body especially before raining. I HATE overcast days.  :s
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,807
    Not so much that the weather bothers me, but the change of seasons generally puts me in a mild flareup for about a week.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement