Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medication question. Please Help

So I have Scoliosis with S1 and SI damage.  I take Norco 10mg 3x a day.  I saw my doctor last thursdayand he wrote me a script for two weeks since I was going to see him monday (5 days later).  
So that monday he writes me a script for 90 norco 10mg (3x daily).  I wont see him for another 3 weeks so he went ahead and gave me that months worth.  I told him I was worse in the last several days and was using more since I had them and I had leftover from a previous script (from him) .  
He didn't change the dosage, just gave me a months worth.  
I know if i try to fill this red flags will pop up everywhere.  
So I have a 2 week prescription that is 9 days old (counting the fill day and today), whats the earliest I could fill this?  I would go on the 14th day (wednesday) normally when refilling.  BUT I am hurting pretty bad and don't want to be suffering through the weekend if I don't have to be.  I know the pharmacy will sometimes fill 3 days early on a month script.  But this is a 2 week one rather than a month one.  
I use a local pharmacy that isnt open on the weekends.  They know me and I believe have filled early for me before because of our relationship.
Any advice is much appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• It's a controlled substance. If the "days supply" is 14 days, you have to wait 14 days to fill it, legally they can't fill it early. If the "days supply" is 30 days, sometimes they'll fill it at 28 (the earliest allowed) at the discretion of the pharmacist. 
  • TheHammerTTheHammer Opelika, ALPosts: 3
    Thanks for the response.  I'm not used to having these shorter scripts.  I knew i could usually fill on that 29th day without issue. 
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    My pharmacy knows me, also, but would never fill narcotic before exact timing of refill.

Sometimes I keep script to hand in when due. Sometimes I give to pharmacy and they fill and text me the minute it can be filled.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 322
    My experience is that it is determined by my insurance company as to when I can refill my prescriptions. Usually two to three days in advance is fine.
advertisement