Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hurts to bend over.. may have had a muscle spasm

It all started about 3 days ago when I felt like I needed to pop the left side of my back. Usually I have no issues doing this but I couldn't make it happen. The pain subsided for the next two days, but there was still a very dull pain, it just seemed tense. 

Last night I bent down to put my shorts on when I came back up, I felt my back spasm I think or it locked up. Either way, it was a shooting pain and I was immobile for about a minute. Nothing popped, it was just a shooting pain. After awhile I was able to move a little bit more at a time. I've iced it and been taking ibuprofen, as well as stretching, but nothing has seemed to be helping. There's just been a constant pain and now I can't bend forward without it hurting. Thinking about going to urgent care but I'm not sure if they would even do anything. I just want to know why it happened. I don't think I've lifted anything heavy. I'm a teacher so the only thing that makes sense to me is the sudden change in posture over the past few weeks and the strain that's been putting on my body. Still doesn't seem right. Any ideas on what happened?
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,487
    Hello Kateyrose

All responses will be based on personal experiences and not to be taken as medical advice

Please click on the link for useful information

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery